Communications and IT Services provider bringing cutting edge technology to rural communities
West Des Moines, IA – August 4, 2014
HealthNet connect|BroadNet (HNcBNc) connect, wholly owned subsidiaries of UnityPoint Health are proud to announce our new, cutting edge Data Center (Cloud) infrastructure. This new infrastructure will enable our customers in rural markets to utilize state-of-the-art cloud technology only normally afforded to large markets and large enterprises. Leveraging Cisco and VMWare technology we have solidified our service offering within our Data Center line of business.
With this new infrastructure, HealthNet connect|BroadNet connect can offer and more importantly support Broadband Internet, Transport, and Data Center (Cloud) services under one roof. Our current and future customers will be able to utilize us as a one-stop-shop for Broadband and Data Center (Cloud) services and support, therefore no longer required to coordinate between multiple vendors for these critical services.
Our Data Center (Cloud) services include:
- Disaster Recovery Services: Disaster Recovery (DR) Services as part of Business Continuity are now on every organization’s mind. The requirements to setup DR are complex and customers want assurances that in the event of a disaster their services are restored in a timely and efficient manner. With HNc|BNc’s DR services our team will help develop and implement a DR strategy and perform bi-annual failover testing to ensure your business is ready for any event.
Below are key elements of our Disaster Recovery Services:
- Cloud Backup: The first step into DR is our cloud backup. This software will back up your servers with a thin application installed on the operating system. The cloud backup software will also backup server applications like Exchange and SQL server.
- Virtual Machine Hosting: We remove the risk and high cost of implementing and supporting a virtualized environment. By utilizing our state of the art virtualization infrastructure you can free up your IT staff and secure your data in our multi-tenant environment.
- Colocation: You can utilize our colocation for your equipment in our secure Data Center infrastructure and continue to manage your own equipment.
- Data Replication: Replicate your critical data to our secure storage system to ensure no single event can eliminate your organization’s data.
“We are excited to bring our Data Center (Cloud) services in-house and will continue to expand these services as demand grows and to support our customers’ initiatives” said Rodney Brown, executive director HealthNet connect|BroadNet connect.
BHC, LC is a wholly owned subsidiary of UnityPoint Health. The BHC, LC companies consist of two subsidiaries, HNc Services and BroadNet connect. Through these subsidiaries BHC, LC offer tremendous opportunities to develop business, improve efficiency and lower costs by providing business, communications and technology services to health care providers, business organizations, education and local government.
HealthNet connect, LC – is a consortium of health care entities sharing a common goal of instantaneous communication of medical information by utilizing our private fiber optic network and data center infrastructure.
Together these companies form HealthNet connect|BroadNet connect (HNcBNc) and are connecting hospital, business, education and government organizations throughout the mid-west to our communications and technology infrastructure.
About UnityPoint Health
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation’s most integrated health systems. Our physician-led team of professionals communicates clearly and effectively to address a patient’s health care in the most appropriate setting: whether that is a clinic, a hospital or at home. Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 32 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities and home care services throughout its 9 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Iowa, Western Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
UnityPoint Health entities employ more than 28,000 employees, working toward innovative advancements to deliver the Best Outcome for Every Patient Every Time. Each year, through more than 4.5 million patient visits, UnityPoint Health, UnityPoint Clinic and UnityPoint at Home provides a full range of coordinated care to patients and families. With projected annual revenues of $3.7 billion, UnityPoint Health is the nation’s 13th largest nonprofit health system and the fourth largest nondenominational health system in America.
UnityPoint Health provides community benefit programs and services to improve the health of people in its communities.